The Carderock Springs Citizens' Association (CSCA) includes residents from over 400 homes in the Montgomery County, Maryland community of Carderock Springs. Built in the 1960's style of "situated modernism," Carderock's homes are gracefully integrated into the natural landscape. The developer, Edmund Bennett, is widely known for his modern communities that preserve the natural surroundings.
CSCA's mission is to preserve and improve the quality of life of all residents in the Carderock Springs community. We're an all-volunteer organization with an elected board and various committees, supported by member dues.
Our activities include:
- Enforcing the legally binding covenants that run with the land, which maintain the community's architectural and natural integrity
- Appointing members of the Architectural Review Committee and the Tree Removal Committee, who review and approve plans for home and property modifications
- Providing a forum to discuss and take action on community issues
- Maintaining and improving some common or public areas
- Representing the community before local and regional agencies
- Offering hospitality to newcomers and sponsoring social activities
- Publishing a newsletter, a community directory, and list of resident-recommended contractors
- Operating this website
The elected Board of Directors meets monthly to discuss community issues and activities. Meetings are open to all members of the community.
Note: The CSCA is not the Carderock Swim & Tennis Club — the clubhouse, pools, tennis courts, and surrounding facilities. Membership in CSCA doesn't include membership in the club. Visit the Swim & Tennis Club website.