County government, poison control, utilities, etc - specific phone numbers.  Dialing '311' is the general phone for Montgomery County questions, concerns and service requests.  Some particularly useful info: 

  • Building permits - search for permits by property address
  • Fire/police/ambulance emergency: call 911
  • Fire department non-emergency:  301-365-2255 (Cabin John on River Road)
  • Police non-emergency - call 301 279 8000 to report an event which has previously occured (car break-in, theft, etc)
  • Street lights - report an outage
  • Regular trash pickup schedule, holiday exceptions
  • Request a bulk trash pickup
  • Recycling - what can be recycled in the blue bin

CS-Chat Yahoo email list  for residents and club members to communicate about neighborhood topics.  Join CS-Chat.

News about Carderock Neighborhood

Public Schools
  Carderock Elementary School - new/completely rebuilt in 2010
  Pyle Middle School
  Walt Whitman High School

Carderock Springs Swim and Tennis Club